Complete guide to set up a free Online Radio Station
- Part 1: Radio Stream hosting setup to make online radio
- Part 2: Sam Broadcaster settings
Things required to make free online radio station
- Radio Stream Hosting
- * Web-player
- Broadcasting software
- * Auto DJ
Auto DJ – Online Radio Station
* Auto DJ is an optional thing for setting up online radio and it means you upload your music files on auto-DJ website, the website provides you a playlist-code of the uploaded files and website may charge some money also. But RJ or DJ (Disk Jokey, Radio Jokey) can also manage songs manually using a software like Sam Broadcaster and with the help of Mic, headphone and a PC having some songs.
Stream Hosting for Free Online Radio Station
In this tutorial, we’ll discuss My Radio Stream only as it is free radio streaming plus it also provides a link to listen you streamed data. So first of all, go to this website and sign up for free. After making account on my radio stream, you will see a settings on a web page like this:
- Stream Password
- Stream Address
- for example address as in picture is s8.myradiostream.com
- And finally Port number
- e.g. 4140 is port number as show in screen-short.
Web Player needed for using Internet Radio Station
- Stream address
- Port number
It also facilitates you different skins of online radio interface. This java code can inserted anywhere in the web to direct tune-in your internet radio station. Part-2 of making online radio will be published soon. Meanwhile tell me in comments section if you have any question!